Monday, October 10, 2011

movie interiors: Down With Love

Barbara's Apartment:










Crossover:


Catcher's Apartment:







I have to admit, when this movie first came out, I had no interest in seeing it. Then one day it happened to be on tv so I gave it a chance. I thought it was adorably hilarious. Maybe because I've seen almost every Doris Day movie out there, but this movie was really cleverly done. Of course, the amazing set design didn't hurt either. I love the polar opposites of their apartments. Hers is bright white filled with punches of bright pinks and yellow while his apartment is all dark woods with hi-tech gadgets and a color scheme of deep blues and hints of orange.

2 comments:

Ericka Bailie-Byrne said...

It looks like the set designer took a few clues from one of my faves, Auntie Mame.

mkendall said...

You're so right Ericka! I can't believe I didn't notice that. The spiral staircase and the sunken living room. Definitely inspired by the Yule Ooloo version of her apartment.