Monday, August 29, 2011

movie interiors: defintely, maybe

Rachel Weisz's Apartment:








isla fisher's loft:








I can't explain why I like this movie so much. I first saw it last year when it was in constant rotation on HBO. I found myself turning to it every time it was on while channel surfing. Maybe it's my love for all things 90's (which the movie is set in) or my love for Rachel Weisz and Isla Fisher. But I think it's mostly due to the beautiful set decoration. Sucks me in every time! I love Rachel's powder blue and yellow apartment with the gorgeous windows and woodwork. She has the same signature palette in her apartment years later.

Isla's apartment is more grungy set in an urban loft with a bright red cement floor. I love her worn leather sofa and collection of Jane Eyre novels. (one of my favorite parts of the story). Both have gorgeous tufted benches in their dining alcoves. Rachel's in a refined turquoise fabric and Isla's in a punchy red vinyl.

No comments: