Monday, February 9, 2009

romeo and juliet

I fell in love with the story of romeo and juliet when I was in middle school as I'm sure we all did. I almost have it completely memorized. I, unlike some people loved the 1996 version. I just recently saw the 1968 version and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. They cut out my favorite line from the play!

It's right after they get married and juliet is waiting for him to sneak into her room, talking to herself and she says:

"Take him and cut him into little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garrish sun."

I have to say, 1968 Romeo looks exactly like Zach Efron:



I really want a copy of the barnes and noble shakespeare series:

1 comment:

Betsey said...

oh yes, that is a wonderful line! i love the part where claire danes says that in the '96 version. and wow, he really does look like zac! how strange. and i have that barnes & noble version; it is lovely!